Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my contacts after updating El Capitan ?

Hi all

After updating El Capitan, all my contacts disappear ! I push not one more time the button to activate and deselect in the preferences iCloud, push in the trash the address book from Library, clean the trash, restart, restart..... but still the same.

My iPhone, my iPad, my iCloud.com have all the contacts but my Mac, nothing. And this is not the first time ... This is always, still 10 years, the same with 3 different Macs and all the system 10 X ! Amazing. The only solution from Apple : I must reinstall from the cloud the cards and ... loose time to put the photos of the faces, because you have only the text of contacts and not the images ...

Maybe someone have an other idea ?

Have a better day

Posted on Oct 31, 2015 4:48 AM

5 replies

Oct 31, 2015 10:10 AM in response to the_buzz_man

Hi all again,

Some informations more :

I closed the session on my Mac. Create an other account. Log with the new account. Connect to the cloud : nothing. I come back in my first account, delete the new created before, connect to the cloud : nothing !

I closed the sessions in my iPhone, iPad and Mac. I restarted the session on my Mac : nothing append, just the little circle in the address book turn ( I tell to myself : yuppie!!! ) but nothing after ...

I restarted the sessions in my iPhone and iPad : absolutely no problem ! Address Book full with the same in iCloud.com !

I see, all 1 or 2 minutes in my Mac : the little circle turn to try to connect to the cloud !!! But no sync : no contacts !

Wait for info if you have

Nov 1, 2015 11:26 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your message. I tried and lot of time this setting, wait 1 hour too before do the sync. Nothing happened.

I reinstalled a clean El Capitan ( 2 times ) and always nothing.

My only solution was : do a card from my iCloud, export this to my Mac, clean the iCloud and import all my contact in my Mac and do the sync. All come back and I can create/edit/delete my contacts, visible and do the same with my iPhone and iPad too.

I knew this, but this is not a normal solution. I lost my photos on my contacts and I should reinstall each picture on it. No problem, but we are in 2015, not in 1982 !

Well, see you in the next update of this OS.

Where are my contacts after updating El Capitan ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.