Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot camp 6 error message 'can't download a software because of network problem'

Hi all,

I have Mac book pro retina 13",early 2015 running El captain with all updates installed.

I have downloaded windows 10 iso from Ms site.

When I tried to install this windows using boot camp,I am getting error message as ''can't download a software because of network problem''.

Please advise.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), windows 10

Posted on Oct 31, 2015 8:35 AM

14 replies

Nov 11, 2015 1:13 PM in response to brunodh9

If you really want to debug the Wireless connection, you may need Wireshark and try to download just the drivers while capturing packets on Wireshark. Too many retries will cause network errors and BCA will give up on the download.

On BC6 assistant, to download drivers, you will need to use the Action menu bar item to download just the drivers.

Boot camp 6 error message 'can't download a software because of network problem'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.