Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie black frame with macbook pro and iPhone 6S+

hello, I have a problem with your MacBook-Pro second half 2009 to date at El Capitan with iMovie and updated PHOTOS taken with iPhone 6S plus. creating a new project (movie) it shows the first and only after all other frames are BLACKS. and only with normal photos, overviews shows all perfectly. What can be? The service made me try downloading new iMovie and el capitan but I have not solved anything.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 31, 2015 11:12 AM

7 replies

Oct 31, 2015 8:03 PM in response to massimo101

I have exactly the same problem. I've clean installed ElCapitan to see if the problem disappears but no luck. Photos in the iMovie Library pane turns black or green when mouse is over them. Right after photos are imported into the project sometimes they are ok but couple seconds later they turn to black when mouse is over them, except the first photo. It turns black later though. I went back to Yosemite and iMovie 10.0.5 and no more issues. I think ElCapitan and iMovie 10.1 are the problem maker. My system is iMac late 2007, Canon EOS 40D and iPhone 6 Plus.

iMovie black frame with macbook pro and iPhone 6S+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.