Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4th gen bluetooth problem

I have two iPod Touches (both 4th generation), and both are exhibiting the same problem: When paired with any bluetooth device (I have various earphones and a portable speaker), both devices have lost the range of transmission in the past few months. I used to be able to leave the iPod at one end of the room and move about without audio loss. Now I practically have to hold the iPod near my ears to get a clear signal. I've tried them with all the bluetooth earphones I have (all fully charged, with both iPods fully charged) and have the same problem. The iPods are running the latest iOS available for them. It's possible, I suppose that the bluetooth chip is failing, but how likely that it would fail in both iPods I have (ones an 8G; the other a 16G). Would it make sense to erase the devices and reinstall a backup or a fresh iOS?

Posted on Oct 31, 2015 11:59 AM

2 replies

iPod Touch 4th gen bluetooth problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.