Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alchemy "Sidechain Electro Bass" preset sound

Hi

I really like the "sidechain electro bass" sound. But I am trying to work out how to get that sound without the side chain compression?

Is there a way of turning of the sidechain pump, or is there a way of replicating the sound without the sidechain. If anyone can help I would be eternally grateful!

many Thanks

Jack

Posted on Oct 31, 2015 3:05 PM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2015 10:12 AM in response to jackfinnis

Hi Jack-So I think this will be a solution: If you open up the Alchemy plugin you can select the "Advanced" Tab (the default is the "Browse" Tab and the other option is "Simple"). From there you can see that the in the upper left corner of the window "Global" is highlighted light gray. One at a time I clicked on the Sources below "Global" (A, B, C, D) and I played notes go see what was causing the side chain to occur-as you hold down a note you'll see that certain qualities of the patch shift (you'll see a white dot traveling along the orange line around the Volume knob of the Oscillator for example). When you see these shifts happening around knobs you can click on the knob (such as the Volume knob mentioned above) and the Modulation menu on the middle left of the window should change to the knob you selected. In this menu you can turn the Target buttons from On (blue) to off (it will still say On but the button will now be gray). If you do this with through all of the Sources (A, B, C, and D) that will get rid of the side chain.

Specifically:

Click on Advanced Tab

Click on A

Click on Vol Knob under Oscillator; Turn off LFO2 under Modulation menu

Click on Sym Knob under Oscillator; Turn off LFO1 under Modulation menu

Click on B

Click on the Vol Knob just to the right of where you clicked; Turn off LFO2 under Modulation Menu

Click on C

Click on Sym Knob under Oscillator; Turn off LFO1 under Modulation menu

Click D

Side Chain should now be "off." I hope that works for you!

Dec 4, 2015 6:18 AM in response to swanson1987

Hi

That's amazing you are a legend

I am starting to use synths a bit and learning how to use them etc.

There are a few particular sounds I am after, would you be up for advising me how to get them.

You seem like you know what you are doing. Rather than me spending days you could probably figure it out in minutes!!!

I would love to figure out how to get the main lead riff from this song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh3r8IfPVp0

And the sound of the bass riff after the big build up in this song; (2mins in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjjaUrbIhDI

I am a guitarist and a music teacher, if there are any songs I you want to work out chords for I can do that in return for you.

Would that be ok

many thanks

Alchemy "Sidechain Electro Bass" preset sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.