Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get the remote to learn to change the volume on my sound bar

Hi all,

This is what I', experiencing. I wonder if anyone could help me to successfully get my Siri Remote to change the volume of my sound bar.

I have a Samsung HW-H355 sound bar.

The remote for the sounder works perfect.

The Siri Remote for the apple tv does change the volume on the TV

Using the learn function of the Apple TV/Siri remote, I can get the Siri Remote to learn other none volume functions for the TV

Using the learn function of the Apple TV/Siri remote, returns zero functionality for ANY sound bar functions.

After learning any sound bar remote functions, the Apple TV light does blink when trying to change the volume.

I thought that it may be that the sound bar and remote were paired in some way, but I can't find anything in the instructions to explain this:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HW-H355/XU

This thing is driving me nuts! Any help, or just explaining to me that its impossible (for one reason or another) would be most grateful.

thanks

Neil

Apple TV (4th generation), Other OS

Posted on Oct 31, 2015 6:41 PM

30 replies

Nov 5, 2015 12:24 PM in response to Neil Whitten

I have the exact same problem. "Volume Control - Learn New Device" guide does not register my original remote to control volume via IR on my B&W Panorama reciever. Tried with two other IR remotes (LG and Logitech Harmony) just to verify any signal issues with my B&W remote.

None will register and move the "Progress Bar".

Really hoping for at fix as this would make me retire my Harmony Remote finally.

Nov 20, 2015 2:45 PM in response to theorifinalkirek

Same problem with a Samsung HW-F550 soundbar. I can get the Siri remote to turn on and off my Samsung TV and the soundbar, but programming the Siri remote with the volume function from the soundbar remote is a no-go. As others are reporting, it goes through the learning process successfully, but then the Siri remote doesn't activate the soundbar volume function. So frustrating, it's a simple IR code and beam.

Nov 28, 2015 12:24 PM in response to Neil Whitten

Same problem with a Phillips Soundbar Home Cinema Speaker CSS2123B. Setup says successful, but the soundbar barely registers button presses on the Siri Remote. Up does work better than down, and if you press the buttons repeatedly, it's kinda sorta usable. I tried learning it from the cable remote, which works soundbar's volume up & down fine (but not power), but, alas, the results were the same. Hoping for a software update fix. There are many IR receivers, soundbars, and systems available throughout the world.

I can't get the remote to learn to change the volume on my sound bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.