Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice over and shake to shuffle keep activating when turned off!

My iPod nano 7th generation keeps skipping through my songs and a woman's voice announces each song that's being played. How do I get both these problems to stop?

Before anyone suggests that I turn off the shake to shuffle and voice over option I have, in fact it was never activated. I also tried the “lock” option with the power button on top of the device as well as the restore route; none of these have worked. I have software version 1.0.4 currently installed on the device.

I have been searching the internet for sometime and it seems that Apple has not come up with a fix for this, one last question, WHY NOT? If they have, publish the fix!

iPod nano, iOS 1.x

Posted on Oct 31, 2015 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 1:07 AM

Hello toddr.h.,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your iPod nano is skipping songs but announcing the song title. It looks like you've already checked the right settings on the device.

Be sure to restart your iPod if you haven't already.

Next, you may want to double-check whether VoiceOver is enabled using iTunes. You can find the setting using these steps from Use Accessibility features in iOS:

1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to any computer with iTunes installed.
  2. In iTunes, select your device.
  3. From the Summary pane, click > Configure Universal Access in the Options section at the bottom.
  4. Select the feature you would like to use and click OK.

If the settings look correct but the same thing keeps happening, I'd recommend restoring the iPod to factory settings and re-syncing it to your iTunes library. These links can help with the process:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB

Sincerely.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2015 1:07 AM in response to toddr.h.

Hello toddr.h.,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your iPod nano is skipping songs but announcing the song title. It looks like you've already checked the right settings on the device.

Be sure to restart your iPod if you haven't already.

Next, you may want to double-check whether VoiceOver is enabled using iTunes. You can find the setting using these steps from Use Accessibility features in iOS:

1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to any computer with iTunes installed.
  2. In iTunes, select your device.
  3. From the Summary pane, click > Configure Universal Access in the Options section at the bottom.
  4. Select the feature you would like to use and click OK.

If the settings look correct but the same thing keeps happening, I'd recommend restoring the iPod to factory settings and re-syncing it to your iTunes library. These links can help with the process:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB

Sincerely.

Nov 23, 2015 1:09 AM in response to jeremy_v

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I did what you suggested, when I check the settings they where unchecked. I ended up having the same issue soon after. This is what I found out from that experience.

Apparently, when using the apple ear buds when your press either volume and hold down the switch, it will activate the voice over function. Once you pull the ear buds out, it will automatically disable the voice over function since this will stop the playback. I hope this helps someone else before they go as crazy as I did.

Cordially

Voice over and shake to shuffle keep activating when turned off!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.