Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headset iPhone and iPad

I have a blue tooth headset that in use for both my iPad and iPhone. Let's say I noted have it connected to the iPad. When I want to use it on the iPhone I have to go into settings, forget the service, and re-pair it. Then when I go back to the iPad I have to do the same thing on the iPad. Anyone know what in can do so in can easily use the head phones on both devices?

thank you

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Oct 31, 2015 8:28 PM

3 replies

Nov 1, 2015 2:53 PM in response to Rudegar

I know I shouldn't have to forget it. But when I have the headphones connected to my iPad and then go to the iPhone, the device does not recognize the headset even though it is in my Bluetooth settings. Even if I turn off the Bluetooth from the iPad, iPhone will still not find the paired headphones. And this happens when going from iPhone to iPad as well.

Nov 1, 2015 4:46 PM in response to mickeddie

That's a problem with the headset. What happens if you turn off BT on the iPad, wait a minute, then turn the headset on? Does it connect to the iPhone? If not, if you go to Settings/Bluetooth do you see the headset listed as Not Connected? If you tap on it then it should connect. UNLESS the headset's pairing table is full. Many headsets can only be paired with one or two devices at a time. Newer devices can pair with more; older ones may be limited to just one.

Bluetooth headset iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.