Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This message has not been downloaded from the server. How can I fix this?.k

This message has not been downloaded from the server.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 1, 2015 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 4:01 PM

There are several sets of posts about this topic. Here's what's been happening to me: iOS9 native email app does not properly store message content on the iPhone. It relies on being able to retrieve message content from the server. Because POP email protocol assumes that once email is downloaded it can be deleted from the server this causes huge problems for POP email accounts. Two temporary fixes: (1) set up your POP email accounts to never delete email messages from your server or (2) set up a different email app on your iPhone. Apple is not paying much attention to this problem. You can help by logging a problem at apple.com/feedback.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2015 4:01 PM in response to kainley

There are several sets of posts about this topic. Here's what's been happening to me: iOS9 native email app does not properly store message content on the iPhone. It relies on being able to retrieve message content from the server. Because POP email protocol assumes that once email is downloaded it can be deleted from the server this causes huge problems for POP email accounts. Two temporary fixes: (1) set up your POP email accounts to never delete email messages from your server or (2) set up a different email app on your iPhone. Apple is not paying much attention to this problem. You can help by logging a problem at apple.com/feedback.

This message has not been downloaded from the server. How can I fix this?.k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.