Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The song “xxx” cannot be played because you are not connected to the Internet.

Hi,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently signed out of my iTunes accidentally for like 2 minutes.

Upon signing back in all of the music that I had downloaded from Apple Music wasn't present on my computer anymore but was still present on my iPhonee's iTunes.

I checked setting and noticed that the box under the "general" tab where you click for your iCloud account was not checked so I checked it and immediately noticed all of the Apple Music songs I had added to my iTunes appear.

HOWEVER, now whenever I go to play any of them I get the following message:

"The song "xxxxxx" cannot be played because you are not connected to the internet. You must be connected to the internet in order to play Apple Music songs."

I'm obviously connected to the internet so I'm not sure what else to do.

Any ideas?????

THanks!!!!!

Mac Pro, null

Posted on Nov 1, 2015 8:20 AM

3 replies

Nov 3, 2015 12:05 PM in response to jibajibz

I have the same issue.

Started suddenly tomorrow. Nothing plays from Apple Music (Beats 1 radio works though).

I can even download songs for offline listening but still iTunes gives error 'You must be connected to internet…'

iPhone Music plays fine and the libraries are synced ok between devices (changes are reflected on all devices) just nothing on Mac iTunes plays anymore.

I have tried different DNS servers, signing out - quitting iTunes - signing in, merging iCloud libraries, different networks, started completely fresh iTunes library from scratch. NOTHING WORKS. NOTHING PLAYS.

iTunes is DEFINITELY connected to the internet as I can browse Apple Music in iTunes!

Nov 3, 2015 12:25 PM in response to Usernamenotok

Hi.

I don't know what happened but mine just randomly worked the next day.

I didn't change anything or do anything that would have made this happen.

THis leads me to believe that it was an issue on Apple's end........

I wish I could give you some help but it "fixed" itself somehow out of the blue..... similar to the way the problem itself started from out of the blue.

I hope it sorts itself out for you.

The song “xxx” cannot be played because you are not connected to the Internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.