Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't let me add album artwork.

So I have added a homemade album to iTunes, and I have never really had too much trouble with it before, but it's not showing the album artwork I'm adding. When I click on the album or select all the songs and then go into 'Get Info,' I can go into my computer and choose what I want for my artwork. It is just a normal picture file, and when I click open file, it shows up in the preview, but when I click the okay button to save to the songs/album, it doesn't update. I've restarted iTunes and tried again, and still nothing. No error message or 'cannot be uploaded' or anything.

Windows 7

Posted on Nov 1, 2015 9:14 AM

7 replies

Nov 12, 2015 3:37 PM in response to LexiCullen101

I'm having exactly the same issue.

Manually adding artwork does not work on my system.

I've tried many ways of getting this to work to no avail. Seems like a bug to me.

I've only really started using iTunes as my main music player and currently in the midst of importing CDs.

For now I'm leaving them blank until Apple releases an update that'll hopefully fix it.

iTunes 12.3.1.23

OS X 10.9.5 (13F1134)

Jan 6, 2016 8:16 PM in response to LexiCullen101

Macbook pro…..itunes 12.2 Can't manually add album artwork? After hours of frustration, here is what finally fixed this for me…BTW….this also fixed the greyed out problem that left you unable to edit any details in the album info ( you do this by right clicking on a track and choosing get info} Go to finder…go to home…go to music folder…right click…choose get info….in this box, down at the bottom under sharing & permissions, make sure under privileges it says read and write…you may need to unlock to do this…just hit little arrow and choose read and write on all names…then click gear wheel at bottom and click apply to enclosed items… close box… next, repeat these steps with the iTunes folder that is located inside the music folder…. go to iTunes folder…right click…choose get info…in this box, down at the bottom under sharing & permissions. make sure under privileges it says read and write…you may need to unlock to do this…just hit little arrow and choose read and write on all names...then click gear wheel at bottom and click apply to enclosed items… close box… Perhaps it is only necessary to do this in the iTunes folder only…not sure…I did it to both folders and now I am able to add my own artwork and edit track information…no more greyed out areas...

iTunes won't let me add album artwork.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.