Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV G4 remote not working

my remote G4 suddenly stopped controlling my Apple TV. The volume buttons still operate my tv. the light on my Apple TV dose not change when pressing any buttons. Is there a way to re-pair or reset the remote?

iPad 2

Posted on Nov 1, 2015 10:37 AM

4 replies

Nov 1, 2015 10:52 AM in response to deborahfrombrookfield

This is from the Apple instructions:

---------------------------

Connect the Siri Remote to Apple TV

The Siri Remote comes automatically paired to your Apple TV. If it disconnects or you get a replacement remote, you’ll need to manually pair it to Apple TV.

You can pair the Siri Remote with only one Apple TV at a time. When you pair a remote, any other paired remote is automatically unpaired.

Pair the Siri Remote with Apple TV. Turn on Apple TV and position the Siri Remote so it’s within 3 to 4 inches (8 to 10 cm) and pointing at the front of Apple TV. Then press and hold the User uploaded file button and the Up button User uploaded file for 2 seconds. When the Siri Remote is successfully paired, an onscreen message appears.

Apple TV G4 remote not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.