Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing video from Panasonic Lumix camera - solution

I have a Panasonic TZ40 Lumix camera. The photos can be imported via Image Capture (my preference) or Photos. However any video taken with the camera does not appear. It turns out that the video files and not readily visible on the Mac.

Use Finder to browse the SD card (I have taken it out of the camera and am using the SD card slot on the Mac)

There is a folder called Private - open it (double click)

Right click on the file ACHD and select Show Package Contents

Right click on the file BDMV and select Show Package Contents

There is a folder called STREAM - open it

All you movies should now be displayed. They have an MTS files extension. Copy these files to you Mac.

The MTS files should open with Quicktime and then save as a MOV file.

Once you have saved the files on the Mac you can use Finder delete them from the SD card (ie Move to Trash). Or you can manually delete them using the camera menu.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Nov 1, 2015 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2015 2:21 PM

This is covered here.

Using AVCHD video with iPhoto '11 - Apple Support

A note on AVCHD: This format was developed for people who are shooting to edit the material afterwards. If you're shooting to edit, then iMovie or Final Cut are the correct home for this material. If you're not shooting to edit consider using one of the other video formats on your Camera.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2015 2:21 PM in response to Michael Paine

This is covered here.

Using AVCHD video with iPhoto '11 - Apple Support

A note on AVCHD: This format was developed for people who are shooting to edit the material afterwards. If you're shooting to edit, then iMovie or Final Cut are the correct home for this material. If you're not shooting to edit consider using one of the other video formats on your Camera.

Importing video from Panasonic Lumix camera - solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.