Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 4.2.1 HTTP Live Export Fails

Hello,

I have a source video I am trying to prepare for HTTP live streaming. I add the file to a batch, bring the build-it "Prepare for HTTP Live Streaming" template in. In the Job pane I set a destination folder for the HTTP Live Stream assets and start the batch. Every time it renders the different .mp4 files, but never segments the video and always fails with "Failed: The Destination folder does not exist". I'm not sure what the error means because the folders I have referenced do exist. Any idea where I can get more detail for why this is failing?

Posted on Nov 1, 2015 1:54 PM

5 replies

Nov 1, 2015 2:49 PM in response to mdpeterman

Is there anything unusual (non standard) about that source file? If there is, please describe what it is. If there isn't…

With the application closed, Go to your Home Library>Application Support>Compressor. Drag your Settings sub folder to another location to preserve any custom settings. Then move the Compressor folder to the Trash. When you relaunch Compressor, it will rebuild the folder and subfolders and hopefully the Live Streaming preset will behave the way it's supposed to.

Russ

Nov 1, 2015 2:59 PM in response to Russ H

Thank you for your response. Nothing strange about the source file. Just a 550MB 1080P .mov file. I would think if there was an issue with the source file, compressor would fail to generate the .mp4 files. Removed the preferences and the exact same error occurred. I have even installed Compressor on 2 different machines (Both 10.11.1 with Compressor 4.2.1) and the same error on both. Let me try a different source file to eliminate that variable.

Compressor 4.2.1 HTTP Live Export Fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.