Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s lockscreen issue- screen flashes

Hi team.

I have issue with IP6s.
After I locked the phone,
The screen will flash itself for about 1-2 seconds before it goes to standby mode.

There is no fix or remediation activity that I have discover yet.

anyone with same problem.?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1, None

Posted on Nov 1, 2015 7:20 PM

11 replies

Nov 3, 2015 7:10 AM in response to Dearq

Hi Dearq,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Sorry to hear you are having these issues with your new iPhone. I'm sure we can help you figure out what is going on, but we may need a bit more detail on what exactly you are seeing. Any additional info you can provide could be useful:

1. Can you describe the screen flash a bit more? Is it the backlight going on and off, is it showing the main screen or the lock screen, etc? Does it just flash once or twice, or does it flash rapidly?

2. Did this issue start recently, or has it been going on since you got your iPhone? If it started recently, did anything change around that time (any new apps, settings, updates, etc)?

3. Does this happen when you lock the screen with the Sleep/Wake button, when the screen automatically locks itself after an idle period (adjustable in Settings > General > Auto-Lock), or with both? Are you having any issues when waking your iPhone with the Sleep/Wake button?

Thanks!

Dec 20, 2015 11:31 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi brenden dv,

I have encountered the same problem too after about a week. Restart the phone helps but the problem will occur again after a while. Is there a solution to it?

Happen when I lock the screen either by the physical button or Assistive Touch.

ISO 9.2. Iphone 6s Plus. 64g.

Sorry for the duplicated post.

Thanks

Add ons:

Found this video online. This is the situation that I have encountered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkbdEXbaA8https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkbdEXbaA8

Jan 7, 2016 9:19 AM in response to Dearq

HI, I having this "flashing" of the lock screen issue too, along with this issue, it seems that the "special" effects when you exit any app is also missing (i.e. The minimising effect; tried turning on/off the motion but also not helping)

Restoring or hard reset does not help as it will return (soon enough)

Really hope someone or Apple can resolve this, cuz I have real problems with my iPhone 6s ever since I got it on the day it was released

iPhone 6s, iOS9.2

Iphone 6s lockscreen issue- screen flashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.