Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will Windows 10 be supported on the new iMac Retina 5K Late 2015 model?

When will Windows 10 be supported on the new iMac Retina 5K Late 2015 model? I tried installing and it gets all the way through the install and then I get a black screen right as it gets to the part where the UI should present. It seems like maybe the discrete AMD video is causing an issue or is not supported yet?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Windows 10

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 5:37 AM

39 replies

Nov 2, 2015 7:26 AM in response to Templeton Peck

The website still doesn't list the Late 2015 model that has the 6th gen processors and the newest AMD Radeon M3XX video.

I've tried installing Windows 10 cleanly at least 5 times now with boot camp and and soon as Windows gets to the part where the UI should take over (versus the install utility screens), it all goes blank even though it looks like it's going.

Nov 2, 2015 8:24 AM in response to Loner T

I would say no since I'm not sure what EFI Boot is ... I'm using Boot Camp and letting it lead me through the process. I downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft, I partitioned the disk to allocate 125GB to the partition and then I format the new partition to NTSF. It gets through the install process, reboots several times and then it asks me to enter my email & phone number ... then I get a spinner (like a wait screen) for a few seconds before the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Nov 2, 2015 5:51 PM in response to jlarson0

I have the same issue. Windows 10 Installs successfully, then when I try and install the bootcamp drivers, it goes to a blank black screen. I can force a restart, but then Windows just offers to install the bad boot camp drivers again.

Honestly, all I really want is the boot camp control panel, as Windows installs pretty much all of the rest of the drivers I need. Anyone know how to just install bootcamp control panel?

Nov 2, 2015 6:50 PM in response to Loner T

What do these two procedures do? Since it's a brand new iMac ... seems odd to have to reset anything. Only had it a few days. Below is the GPU information.

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M380

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 2048 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x6640

Revision ID: 0x0080

ROM Revision: 113-C6005R-799

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.799

Displays:

iMac:

Display Type: Retina LCD

Resolution: 5120 x 2880 Retina

Retina: Yes

Pixel Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Nov 2, 2015 7:39 PM in response to Loner T

I already followed the instructions by taking the Windows 10 CD disc and making an .ISO and placed it onto my Sandisk USB 2.0 flash drive.

Yes, using USB installer that I made by doing above what I just wrote.

I guess I perhaps should say that on the very first attempt before this problem I did get to the actual partitioning part and then the progress bar just sat there at about the 1/4 part and then I quit the installation because I thought that after 30mins it must have gotten stuck. Not sure if this mucked anything up or not.

When will Windows 10 be supported on the new iMac Retina 5K Late 2015 model?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.