Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3D Touch's trackpad doesn't work always

HI. I couldn't find any similar issue so I'll post mine:

I really enjoy the trackpad on iPhone 6s BUT it doesn't work always!

even if im pressing firm! yes, I've checked the 3D touch sensitivity. 3D Touch works great with Peek 'n Pop, Quick Actions and so on in all apps (so far)

BUT the trackpad isnt always working. This goes for all apps!

SInce 3D Touch works as it should be, othereise, this issue seems like a bug?

Haven't read about others experiencing this issue. So, what's the problem:/?

please, reply. Best regards.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 5:59 AM

7 replies

Apr 6, 2017 4:06 AM in response to dannis_Sweden

I found that my 3D touch trackpad stopped working when I installed the new Westpac keyboard. It also disable my keyboard shortcuts (text replacement shortcuts). All I had to do was turn off the Westpac keyboard and they both started working again. Took me a while to make the connection but thank goodness I did so before I restored my phone in turn to try to solve the problem! Maybe check whether you have any 3rd party keyboards installed.

Feb 8, 2016 9:38 AM in response to dannis_Sweden

It's not a bug. It's to make sure you're simply not typing..

If you want to use the cursor, press firmly anywhere on the keyboard, only after a short pause after typing.

If not, the iPhone recognises it as a keystroke. You need to make sure the firm press is not immediately after a keystroke

So just PAUSE after typing for a second or two, then firmly press on the keyboard.

Please mark this as helpful to help everyone else who has this issue 🙂

3D Touch's trackpad doesn't work always

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.