Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change tempo without affecting tracks

Trying to figure out how to change the tempo of the song without affecting the previously recorded tracks. I have done a lot of searching and apparently in previous versions of GB there was a box you could uncheck in the editor called "follow pitch and tempo" but I can't find this box.

I recorded live instrument parts before setting the tempo and now I want to add software instruments but when I change the tempo, it speeds up the previously recorded parts.

GarageBand 10, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 11:25 AM

Double-click on the Audio Region which will open the Audio Track Editor. On the lower left corner of the Editor window (make sure to drag divider line vertically so all the controls show up), there is a checkbox "Follow Tempo and Pitch".

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2015 11:25 AM in response to mdm2560

Double-click on the Audio Region which will open the Audio Track Editor. On the lower left corner of the Editor window (make sure to drag divider line vertically so all the controls show up), there is a checkbox "Follow Tempo and Pitch".

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Change tempo without affecting tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.