Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay problem

I have an Alpine ILX007 in my car which is a radio unit that connects to an iPhone, the CarPlay system works great. You can make phone calls, send messages use the navigation system, really cool. But, I also have two iPhones, my wife has one (5s on IOS 8.3) and I have one (6plus on the latest 9.1).

User uploaded file
When my wife's iPhone 5 - 8.3 - is connected to the CarPlay unit and she presses the phone icon, Siri asks who do you want to call but you can also press a button, show contacts, when you do that, another window opens where you can select contacts, keypad, recents, favorites and voicemail.

User uploaded file

With my iPhone 6 plus - 9.1, when you press the phone button, Siri asks you who you want to call and if you press the show contacts button... nothing happens, it brings you back to the home screen with all the app icons.

So, it works with 8.3 and it doesn't with 9.1

For some reason, I can not get to the contacts when connected to CarPlay. It worked before on my iPhone 6 plus as well with 8.3 so why did it stop working in 9.1 Apple!

Is there anybody who has the same problem or somebody with a solution for this?

Jeff Dehaes.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 7:08 AM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2015 5:38 AM in response to correfe

I am still on 9.1 with my iPhone 6 plus, I did actually nothing and the problem is gone! I might have restarted the iPhone but that's it. I restarted the iPhone 10 times before and it didn't help so I don't think that is the reason but anyway, the problem has solved itself! (I know that's impossible but I don't have a reasonable explanation) So Correfe, hang in there buddy, shut down your iPhone a couple times, restart the thing and maybe... good luck.

Apple CarPlay problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.