Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone missing songs in playlists? Apple Tv 4 + Apple music

I have a new Apple TV 4 with an active Apple music subscription. I have two playlists that are missing songs, one has 500 + songs, the other 1042. Each of the playlist in question only shows 250 songs on apple tv. These are both playlists I created with music I own and music from Apple music. Is this happening to anyone else? All my other playlist appear normal, with two or so songs additional.

Apple TV (4th generation), iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 7:08 AM

9 replies

Nov 8, 2015 11:15 AM in response to kwesid917

Same thing here.

I think its a limitation because scrolling on the new remote is really useless and getting to the bottom of a long list is very frustrating. I have many artists in my iTunes library and it takes me a very very very long time to scroll thru them all with my flicking thumb.

My guess is that they realized this and put a cap on list length so no one would get hurt. Bit of a backward software solution to a hardware problem but stranger things have happened.

Nov 10, 2015 6:53 AM in response to RealisticExpectations

The playlists under "Computers" using HomeSharing are not limited in length, so it seems to be a Apple Music specific limitation. Since they don't limit scrolling under Computers, I doubt Apple is worried about someone hurting their thumb by having to scroll too much. I am hoping this a temporary limitation that will be fixed in the 9.1 update.

I would like a way to scroll through a long list of items without having to continually stroke the remote, something like just resting your thumb on the edge without movement for a while or something. If there is a way to do that continuous scrolling with the new remote, I have not discovered it.

Jun 25, 2016 3:14 PM in response to kwesid917

Just noticed this issue. For example . .

I have a playlist with just 67 songs in it; synced to my Mac and iPhone fine. Fact is I'm playing it through the TV from my phone as I type.

Apple TV Music App decided it only has 23 songs in it and won't even let me play it from there ( all the shuffle buttons etc are gone )

I can find all the songs through their respective album on my Apple TV and not all playlists are affected.

All the songs are ripped from CD and in iCloud library and none are available through Apple Music, so it's not a mix and match playlist or anything.

Anyone found the definitive issue ( apart from rapidly disminishing programming talent ) and solution for this yet?

Jun 26, 2016 12:01 PM in response to Michael Lovelady

Sorry, I take that previous comment back. Apologies to jump to a conclusion and keep replying but an edit button would be lovely.

For the last day I have unsuccessfully tried to update my Apple TV playlist to no avail.

I have ensured I have unshared the playlist and this is my favourite bit . . .

I changed the name of the playlist to try to force a refresh . . . on the Apple TV the name changed . . . yay . . . until I clicked on the playlist and it listed the 23 songs out of 67 with the old title!! Still cannot play any of the playlist on the Apple TV.

I have logged in and out and restarted more times than I care to remember.

I will as Diana suggests be making a comment to the feedback section. Am happy to admit Im missing something but else, how do we bill Apple for our QA time, these issues are kind of tiresome?

Anyone missing songs in playlists? Apple Tv 4 + Apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.