Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I capture live from HD camera

I want to capture what my Panasonic 130A HD camera is seeing... right into FCP7 at real time. Is that possible?

MAC PRO, Mac OS X (10.6), MAC G4 17', iPHONE,

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 2:50 PM

Set the capture Device Control setting to "non-controlled device". That way FCP will not try to detect a time code. To capture the stream, click on Capture "Now". When you have captured what you want, press the esc key to finish the capture.

That;s about it.

Good luck.

5 replies

Nov 2, 2015 5:52 PM in response to BIGDADDY30

Sorry, you can't do this with the camera you currently have...not with a direct connection. The only cameras supported the direct connection capture were DV cameras and DVCPRO HD. No other cameras would do that. For your camera you'll need an IO device. Connect the camera to that device, then the device to your computer. Something like the BMD Ultrastudio Mini Recorder (record only...no output). Connect this to your computer via Thunderbolt (if you have it) and then HDMI to the camera. THEN you can capture.

If you are still sporting that MacPro like your signature says, then the Decklink Intensity Pro is what you need...capture card.

Nov 3, 2015 9:25 AM in response to BIGDADDY30

Apologies if I have miss-understood. You may well have tried this already.

I Googled your cam and was surprised that it recorded in DV ( as well as AVCHD.)

The DV( standard def of course ) would appear to be present at the DV output port in record mode.

So in theory, if you record in DV mode then you should(?) be able to capture live. ( "non-controlled device" possibly)

I am sure the purpose of your post was to achieve this in HD,not standard def, as you could have done this using your old DV cam.

The cam model I Googled was Panasonic AG AC 130A.

I should imagine the quality of the DV from the 130A is better than your previous DV cam, so this might be of some use to you.

Your previous DV cam may also have been 4:3.not 16:9

how do I capture live from HD camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.