Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NetBoot will not boot New MacPro (trash can)

Hello all,

I have created a small netboot server using Mac OS 10.10.5 Server. I have a 10.10.5 and 10.9.5 boot image installed. I can successfully boot any of our older MacPro's Harpertown up to the latest Westmere. We have three of the new MacPro's and non of them will boot from either of the images. The 10.9 image was created on the new MacPro. The Mac can see the bootable images in the Startup Disks but will not boot. Any ideas?

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 11:50 AM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 7:28 AM in response to jpappilli

Were these MacPros purchased after the release of El Capitan? If they were then you need to create a new El Capitan NetBoot image.

You can't use SIU on Yosemite or Mavericks to do this. You must use the version of SIU that comes with El Capitan. Once you create the nbi and place it in your server's NetbootSP0 folder it should work if you've done it properly. SIU in El Capitan should be stored in the same location as Mavericks and Yosemite - /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications.

NetBoot will not boot New MacPro (trash can)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.