Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install Windows 7 64-bit on El Capitan

I am attempting to make a bootable DVD of Windows 7 (64 bit) so that I can install it on my late 2011 Mac. I have searched everywhere and nothing seems to work so far. I have the iso on my desktop but every time I burn it to a dvd Bootcamp says there is no installer disk. I have tried to burn using both Finder and Disk Utility(couldnt figure that out because it is useless in El Capitan) and both on 2X speed. It burns correctly as far as I can see, but when I start up bootcamp it still will not recognize the disk as an installer disk.

I'm running Os x 10.11 (El Capitan) on a late 2011 Macbook Pro so I dont know of any workarounds to just use a USB to boot from but if anybody knows of any I am more than willing to try!

In all honesty I do not know much about any of this, I'm kind of learning as I go, but I am at a loss of how to do this because nothing seems to work. Thanks for any help!

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 7:57 PM

6 replies

Nov 2, 2015 8:33 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I did search but found no answers to my specific problem, I didnt want to start a new thread until I made sure nobody else had the exact problem. Others have of course, but none that I found using the 10.11 update that makes disk utility useless..

It is strictly a 64 bit iso, and an legit file from microsoft not a pirated version.

Install Windows 7 64-bit on El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.