Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fox Now not working

I have a Gen 2 Apple TV. Fox Now was working great until the new product was announced. Seriously, as soon as the new one was in the Apple Store, Fox Now stopped working. I restored it to factory defaults, signed into Fox Now and activated it. All the other apps, including HBO GO work flawlessly. Fox Now only gives me the endless "Accessing Fox Now" screen. I've left it on all night to no avail. I'm connected via Ethernet and have a 22mbps connection. I've gone through all of Fox Now's troubleshooting page and restarted the Apple TV over and over again. Nothing. Other than buying a new Apple TV, do I have any options?

- AT&T U-Verse

- Apple TV 2nd Gen.

- Ethernet, 22mbps

- All other apps working

Thank you,

Buck

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 6:55 PM

10 replies

Nov 4, 2015 6:46 AM in response to dannyfromknoxville

Hey dannyfromknoxville,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to watch Fox Now but it is not working. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend you read this article, it may be able to help troubleshoot the issue.

Get help with third-party apps on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a good one.

Nov 4, 2015 7:36 PM in response to dannyfromknoxville

I am having the same issue. FOX NOW works fine on my Roku, MacBook computer etc, however not on the Apple TV anymore as of a few days ago. "Accessing FOX NOW" and the spinning wheel is all I get after the release of the new Apple TV. I've tried multiple restarts on my 2nd generation. Signing out and then in again to FOX NOW makes no difference. All other channels work (HBO GO, ESPN etc.) No solution Apple ? Thanks. I don't want to buy another Roku for the other room.

Nov 5, 2015 4:44 PM in response to dannyfromknoxville

Yes same issue here, also with 2nd gen Apple TV. We are on Verizon FiOS.

Apple TV software is up to date, I've done restarts and signed in and out of the fox app. Also tried manually inputting a DNS setting but nothing has made a difference.

The solution is not buying a new Apple TV! This worked fine before and someone somewhere has flipped the wrong switch or written a buggy line of code. Needs to be fixed!

Nov 6, 2015 8:17 PM in response to dannyfromknoxville

I Am having the same issue. Gen 2 Apple TV. FOX NOW just displays the "accessing FOX NOW" message for hours. FOX NOW works fine from iphone and MacBook but not Apple TV. Worked last week without any problems. I've reset the Apple TV and re-signed into FOX NOW. Nothing seems to solve the issue. Other apps, CBS, NBC, HBO are working fine. I wish Apple would acknowledge the issue and at least pretend to be working on a fix, or working with Fox to figure it out.

Nov 6, 2015 9:58 PM in response to Subicamping

Truth be told, this isn't the only issue with the 2nd gen Apple TV. The ABC app crashes at almost every commercial break, and Netflix hangs and crashes at least once just about every time we use it. This is on two different Apple TVs, so it's not just a faulty unit.

I feel they've pushed out such buggy software that this model is verging on unusable for us. We're not all that interested in the new 4th gen Apple TV (and its cost), but it's likely it's the only thing Apple will pay attention to these days. I'm not even sure the 3rd generation boxes that they're still selling will ever get another software revision (with the possible exception of more junky, bug-ridden to the point of unusable channels).

Not sure what our next TV box will be. Likely not an Apple product.

Fox Now not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.