Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shame Shame Apple (India).

I recently noticed that my iphone 5 screen bulging out due to battery bulging. While going through forums on internet and on apple website, i found people thanking Apple for free replacement of handsets having similar complaint (even after lapse of warranty period).

When i spoke to Apple Authorised Service Centes in Pune, i was infomed tha no such policy is present and i would have to buy a new phone, as it cant be repaired or replaced.

I spoke to Apple Customer care and there I came to know that all over the world, Apple has extensive warranty and protection plans for Apple products. But only in India no such policy prevails. (read i-Appartheid)

Shame Shame Apple...

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 11:19 PM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2016 4:29 AM in response to Ingo2711

What you have replied to me is all about SHORTER BATTERY LIFE and not about BATTERY BULGE, which is a manufacturing defect and all around the world the issue is being taken up as free replacement without any certain Serial No.s of date of purchaese.

As discussed with the customer care in India, I could under stand that this discriminatory policy is for India only and all around the globe battery bulge is eligible for free replacement (even after warranty period is over. In fact, on lot of discussion forums, i have checked people praising Apple for a fast effortless action on this issue.

Anshuman

Feb 8, 2016 4:55 AM in response to ansh.pune

ansh.pune wrote:

What you have replied to me is all about SHORTER BATTERY LIFE and not about BATTERY BULGE, which is a manufacturing defect and all around the world the issue is being taken up as free replacement without any certain Serial No.s of date of purchaese.

As discussed with the customer care in India, I could under stand that this discriminatory policy is for India only and all around the globe battery bulge is eligible for free replacement (even after warranty period is over. In fact, on lot of discussion forums, i have checked people praising Apple for a fast effortless action on this issue.

Anshuman

Anything that is done for a customer outside of the normal terms & conditions of the hardware warranty is not a precedent for what may or may not happen for any other customer.

Has Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider failed to take the required action as listed under your hardware warranty or your country's laws? If not, then you have no grounds for a complaint.

Additionally, insinuating that there is some form on intentional racial segregation on Apple's part is patently offensive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.