Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting an Apple ID

I need to delete or deactivate an existing, working Apple ID, but first how do I transfer purchases made with that Apple ID to another existing Apple ID?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 3, 2015 2:34 AM

1 reply

Nov 4, 2015 2:04 PM in response to chris7ben

Hi chris7ben,

Can you provide a little more information about your specific scenario? You can't transfer purchases from one Apple ID to another. You can, however, transfer purchases from a device to your iTunes Library, or edit an Apple ID to a different email address. Take a look at this general information about Apple ID's. If this does not answer your specific question, please reply with more information and we'll do our best to help.

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204161

Can I merge multiple Apple IDs into one?

Apple IDs can't be merged. We recommend that you use the same Apple ID in the iTunes Store and iCloud. Using multiple Apple IDs might be confusing and might cause issues with accessing purchased content or using some services.

If you need more than one Apple ID, you can still access your purchased items (such as music, movies, or software) using your other Apple IDs. Learn how to use multiple Apple IDs with iTunes and iCloud.

If I purchased music, apps, or books with multiple Apple IDs, how do I move my content onto my iOS device?

First, make sure that all your content is on the same computer. This computer should be the one you sync your device with. Use these steps to copy content from your Mac or PC.

Then authorize your computer to play content with each Apple ID in iTunes. After your computer is authorized for all of your content, you can sync it to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Manage your Apple ID account information
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204265

Update your Apple ID or password

You can change your Apple ID to any other email address you control, as long as it's not already in use as an Apple ID.

1. Go to My Apple ID.
  2. Click Manage your Apple ID to sign in.
  3. Go to Apple ID and Primary Email Address and click Edit.
  4. Enter your new email address and click Save.

If you're changing your Apple ID and you're signed in to iCloud anywhere, sign out first and then change your Apple ID. And if you want to add, change, or delete the different email addresses that you use with your Apple ID, you can learn more.

Hope this helps ...

Deleting an Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.