Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s stuck at progress bar after restore

I made a restore on iTunes which has gone through the following steps:

• Verify iPhone restore
  • Waiting...
  • Restoring iPhone software
  • Verifying iPhone software
  • Restoring iPhone firmware

After it finished the device rebooted and disappeared from iTunes. Whats shown is Apple logo first, the apple logo with progress bar where is hangs/gets stuck. It always reaches to 5-10%

User uploaded file

I reinstalled iTunes, updated. Tried it on different computer. Tried on different USB ports. Checked that drivers are OK. Checked the hosts file. Tried the DFU/recovery (same results). Disabled AV, firewall.

What I found on iTunes preferences is, that I have an Device Backup from few days ago. But cannot restore it because everything inside File -> Devices is greyed out.

Can somebody help me?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 3, 2015 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2015 9:57 PM

I finally managed to boot the phone. Here is what I did.

After I've already tried on another computer, a customer brought me a desktop PC (before I had 2 laptops). I installed Win 8.1, previous laptops have win 10. So from this point of view, I gained hope.

So a fresh installed OS, newly downloaded iTunes. As next, I've connected the device to the PC which succesfully installed new Apple drivers (I was carefull at those events).

So I ran into DFU mode (power off > sleep/wake + home button > release sleep/wake button). It successfully detected it in 'recovery mode'. I chose RESTORE. I had the notification for the new 9.1 (which usually wasn't here - except probably for the first time I ran the app on other PCs), And as next the Restore button greyed out. I thought it was 'frozen'. As I checked in the task manager, the iTunes process was using network, which was meaning it downloads the new large 9.1 iOS.

When it installed, everything was as usual. Finished the extracting, verifying...that it rebooted and disappeared from iTunes. With no other option left, I decided to let it install, even if for hours. BUt then I unplugged it and saw low battery. When I began with charging, after few minutes a vibration with "Hello" screen appeared.

I would advice other who have the same issue to be careful at these steps.

User uploaded file

Hola 😁

AND SHAME ON SLOVENIAN APPLE SUPPORT SERVICE. I CALLED THEM AND THEY COULDNT GIVE ME A FREE OPERATOR, EVEN WHEN I WAS WAITING FOR AN HOUR!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2015 9:57 PM in response to pbwned

I finally managed to boot the phone. Here is what I did.

After I've already tried on another computer, a customer brought me a desktop PC (before I had 2 laptops). I installed Win 8.1, previous laptops have win 10. So from this point of view, I gained hope.

So a fresh installed OS, newly downloaded iTunes. As next, I've connected the device to the PC which succesfully installed new Apple drivers (I was carefull at those events).

So I ran into DFU mode (power off > sleep/wake + home button > release sleep/wake button). It successfully detected it in 'recovery mode'. I chose RESTORE. I had the notification for the new 9.1 (which usually wasn't here - except probably for the first time I ran the app on other PCs), And as next the Restore button greyed out. I thought it was 'frozen'. As I checked in the task manager, the iTunes process was using network, which was meaning it downloads the new large 9.1 iOS.

When it installed, everything was as usual. Finished the extracting, verifying...that it rebooted and disappeared from iTunes. With no other option left, I decided to let it install, even if for hours. BUt then I unplugged it and saw low battery. When I began with charging, after few minutes a vibration with "Hello" screen appeared.

I would advice other who have the same issue to be careful at these steps.

User uploaded file

Hola 😁

AND SHAME ON SLOVENIAN APPLE SUPPORT SERVICE. I CALLED THEM AND THEY COULDNT GIVE ME A FREE OPERATOR, EVEN WHEN I WAS WAITING FOR AN HOUR!

iPhone 5s stuck at progress bar after restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.