Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email settings on both my Iphone and MacBook Pro

I have just changed my email settings on both my phone and MacBook Pro, upgrading from Pop to Imap and now when I delete a message it says "An error occurred while moving messages to mailbox “(null)”." Can anyone help me solve this? The email does get deleted and is also deleted from my phone. If I delete a message from my phone it says "Unable to Move Message - The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash" and then it deletes it but not from my computer?

Help Help!!

B

Posted on Nov 3, 2015 5:37 AM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 5:13 PM in response to AK LBD

I have the same situation with my iPhone 6S and iOS 9.1

Deleted mail can be moved to either IPHONE or SERVER but not both.

If I assign deleted mail to "ON MY IPHONE Trash" the message disappears, but it does not delete from the server.

If I assign deleted mail to "ON THE SERVER Deleted", everything works great other than the fact that I get the error message "Unable to Move Message The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash".

Assuming this refers to Trash ON MY IPHONE, it is literally true, since trash goes to the server instead.

It is an iOS error.

email settings on both my Iphone and MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.