Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB not working after upgrade to El Capitan

I seem to have an issue with USB connected devices on my Mac mini after I upgraded to El Capitan. most specifically, my USB headset, attached through the USB on the keyboard keeps disappearing. But, the wireless mouse connected to the other USB port is fine. This happens multiple times daily. This morning though, a problem reoccured that has happened occasionally. It happened right after I installed El Capitan. The keyboard was not recognized at all. Nor the two devices connected to the USB ports on the keyboard. If i unplug and replug the keyboard a few times, it comes back. but only the mouse and keyboard, the USB headset I have to unplug and replug in addition to unplugging and replugging the keyboard.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 3, 2015 7:17 AM

8 replies

Jan 9, 2016 11:15 PM in response to Tommygunnz

II've been having what may or may not be the same problem since El Capitan: Most obviously (and annoyingly) my Logitech wireless mouse regular fails to grab windows for moving or resizing. I've experienced it with and without Logitech's current mouse management app and driver. I've installed fresh batteries. It's also sometimes hard to place the edit cursor where I want it or to select text accurately. This has only occurred since El Capitan. IThe keyboard seems to be ok. I don't use the touch pad enough to know if the problem manifests there.

USB not working after upgrade to El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.