Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BUG: iOS Default Calendar App + Google Calendar = Missing Events/Locations

Test case for those using the default iOS Calendar App with Google Calendars. I'm on an iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

- Create a new event, and in the "Location" field, search for a location that isn't in your "Recents" list, for example "Accountant" and pick the first one in the search result.

- Add the event.

- Now go to your Gmail calendar on a desktop browser.

- Event will not be on the calendar. (Refresh the iOS calendar manually to your heart's content).

- Edit the event, delete the location, save.

- Edit the event again, edit location, pick the same "new" location from your "Recents" list, save.

- Refresh calendars, now it will be on the browser calendar.

Other observations:

Creating a new event with a location from your Recents will work fine.

Creating an event with no location, save, then edit and add a new searched-for location will not update the event at all, even if you've also updated the time or title.

Seems the bug is that the calendar event doesn't sync when it includes a location that you've never used before.

Can anybody else confirm?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 3, 2015 1:19 PM

7 replies

Nov 3, 2015 1:27 PM in response to TheTominator

Other notes:

- Seems to work as intended when searching for an address, or manually typing/pasting a location.

- Seems to work as intended when adding the location from the browser-based Google Calendar.

- Fails as above when event is created from the browser-based Google Calendar, but then updated from iOS device with a newly searched for location. The sync is then broken until the location is deleted, event saved, and location re-added.

Nov 4, 2015 10:10 AM in response to TheTominator

THIS!

Seems the bug is that the calendar event doesn't sync when it includes a location that you've never used before.

Can anybody else confirm?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I have this same problem since updating to iOS9. I use my iOS Calendar app to create appointments to visit clients where the address I'm inputting is a new place I've never been. I had recently noticed that some appointments did not show up on my Google Calendar while others did. It turns out the ones that showed up had no address associated. I was just starting to wonder if it was adding an address that caused this, but I see that the appointments WILL SYNC IF there is NO address or IF the address is a Recent Address. It is only newly searched addresses that do not allow the appointment to SYNC. I was wondering if this was an Apple problem or Google problem; what you've found leads me to believe it is an Apple issue. It's annoying that something so useful has become troubling to use.

I hope Apple fixes this in a coming update. For now I have the annoying task of adding the address, then saving; editing the appointment and deleting the address; then re-adding the address now that it will show up as a Recent Address.

Thanks for your post, TheTominator.

Nov 15, 2015 5:50 PM in response to TheTominator

Here's what I've found…and it is indeed weird.

I can create any kind of event in iOS calendar and it will sync fine with Google calendar—except in one case. And it does not matter whether I use the "Recents" list or the "Locations" list to fill the "Location" field.

Whether I enter the information in the "Location" field manually or whether I use either the "Recents" or "Locations" lists it will not sync with Google calendar if it includes the default of ", STATE ZIP-CODE,".

To be clear, as of iOS 9.1, the default address format for locations automatically found by iOS is "PLACE NAME, STREET ADDRESS, CITY, STATE ZIP-CODE, COUNTRY". If I allow iOS to populate my "Location" field with that information and then I edit it to simply have have a comma after the state (or more drastic changes) then it will sync with Google calendar.

It's as though Google calendar doesn't like Apple's way of listing the zip code after the state with no comma. Or, it could be the two-space gap between the two items. I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, I won't be accepting iOS's default address without tweaking it before finalizing the entry.

BUG: iOS Default Calendar App + Google Calendar = Missing Events/Locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.