Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export with first few frames missing the grade I applied

When I send my project from FCPX 10.2.2 to Compressor 4.1.3 the first few frames are missing the colour correction I applied using Color Finale. Sometimes I can see that it's going to do it in Compressor and other times it looks like it's working but the exported video has the problem.

I even tried but 1 second of black before the video starts but it only affects the video for 1 to 2 frames.

I've attached pictures so you can see what I mean. Frame 12 has the grade applied, frame 13 doesn't and frame 14 has it again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Please help.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Compressor, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 3, 2015 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2015 4:09 PM

I can't reproduce that here.

What are your FCP project settings and what format are the clips?

If you export a master file, does it export from FCP OK?

If you select a range in the middle to the timeline and send to Compressor, what happens?

Russ

4 replies

Nov 5, 2015 3:35 PM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ,

The project settings are 4K at 25p, I export it to HD so I can upload to Vimeo.

I shot on the Panasonic GH4 so the original video files are QuickTime with the H.264 codec, I did optimize them when I imported them into FCPX so they're ProRes 422 in the project.

The master file worked and I didn't encounter that problem.

When I selected a range in the middle and sent it to Compressor I encountered the same issue, the first frame is missing the colour grade. So does that mean it's a Compressor issue? It's just strange that I encountered it within FCPX and Color Finale as well when previewing it.

It would be good to fix because the Master File is a lot larger and doesn't allow me to change the resolution.

Thanks Russ, and I'd appreciate any other wisdom you have on this.

Tom

Export with first few frames missing the grade I applied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.