Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s notes not syncing with icloud after upgrading to iOS 9.

We had 2 devices in our home, an iphone 5 and 5S, both using the same Apple ID.

After replacing the 5 with a 6S last month and upgrading the 5S to iOS 9, the 5S no longer syncs notes with icloud.com. The 6s works fine.

I have also recently upgraded the 5S to iOS 9.1 and no difference.

The 5S will not upload notes to icloud, nor will it download any notes created by the 6S that are on icloud.

I have logged out of icloud and the general apple ID on the 5S and it deleted all icloud notes on the phone. I then did a hard restart using the power and home keys, and logged back in to the apple id and to icloud. It proceeded to download all icloud notes EXCEPT those created by the iphone 6s. Additionally, any notes created on the 5S do NOT show up on icloud.com.

When I open the notes app on the 5S and select the icloud account, the spinning circle comes up and spins indefinitely, literally never stopping.

This is incredibly frustrating.

Any help?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 4, 2015 12:04 AM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 2:23 PM in response to jeffd55

This didn't help me. iPhone is running OS9.1. I have the same symptom and the notes on iphone appears to be upgraded because the upgrade option isn't available and if I edit a note I have the additional entry options at the bottom. However, I don't have the current notes from icloud available. These appear to be older versions of notes from before the upgrade. Notes on icloud is upgraded - I have the checklist and style icons. Mac is syncing with icloud okay and it also has upgraded notes - running OSX 10.11.1.

When I go to icloud settings My Devices it says "You are signed in and running IOS 8, and OS X Yosemite, watch OS, os later on these devices.

Iphone 5s notes not syncing with icloud after upgrading to iOS 9.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.