Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug with search results in the address bar

This is a really weird and specific bug I've encountered, but very annoying nonetheless.

When I search using the address bar in Safari, but only when I'm using Safari fullscreen, when I press Enter or click a result in the drop down menu with results, the page I clicked loads, but I immediately get search results from the address bar again. It's difficult to explain, that's why I've provided screens:

Screen 1: I've searched something

User uploaded file

Screen 2: After I press enter, the Google page loads, showing the results, but after a fraction of a second it shows me the results again:

User uploaded file

I've tried resetting Safari, but to no avail, hope someone can help me out 🙂

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 4, 2015 12:35 AM

8 replies

Nov 6, 2015 7:16 AM in response to From_the_moon

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

Bug with search results in the address bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.