Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB to Serial Adaptor, not persistent with name.

I wonder if someone can help me,

I've currently got 4 Cisco Switches, with a usb to serial converter for each to gain console access.

I use SecureCRT as my terminal application and one thing i have noticed is, the first connections always keep the same name

crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 18, 18 4 Nov 14:32 /dev/tty.usbserial

crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 18, 24 4 Nov 14:32 /dev/tty.usbserial-FTGACSIO

crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 18, 20 4 Nov 14:32 /dev/tty.usbserial10

crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 18, 22 4 Nov 14:32 /dev/tty.usbserial11

however, when I disconnect and reconnect to them, this causes usbserial1 and usbserial2 for Switch 3 and 4 respectively to increment

As you can see above I have done this numerous times to the point where they now have the value of usbserial10 & usbserial11

Is there any way I can hardcode these adaptors so they keep the same name regardless if the session disconnects or not, that way I can save the sessions.

Currently saving a session for Switch 3 and 4 will cause my MBP to lock up and I have to power on/off to get it back.

For whatever reason, the devices Switch 1 (tty.usbserial-FTGACSIO) and Switch 2 (tty.usbserial) do not increment.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 4, 2015 6:48 AM

There are no replies.

USB to Serial Adaptor, not persistent with name.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.