Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion iCal Server and ios9

Hi Folks

Been a while was since I posted on here but in a bit of a quandary with an iCal Server that I inherited from a previous IT company. Its running 10.7.5 Server and all has been well until iOS 9 popped up and now it doesn't want to sync any more.

When I try and setup I get the option to try without SSL but the error I get after that is 'CalDAV account verification failed' Now, when I do the exact same thing on iOS 7 or 8, I get the option to make an SSL exception and then syncing all goes to plan but no dice on iOS 9.

Anyone got any thoughts? I appreciate that I may need to upgrade the server to a later version and any advice on that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris

Posted on Nov 4, 2015 4:02 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2016 7:30 AM in response to Cribdave

Hey Chris, you probably already updated your Lion server, but I have had success changing the 2 instances of SSLv3_METHOD to TLSv1_METHOD in each file below using TextWrangler, using the following steps:

/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twistedcaldav/stdconfig.py and

/usr/share/caldavd/lib/python/twext/internet/ssl.py

Steps:

BACKUP YOUR SERVER. You are messing with files under the hood. You may want to export all calendars, too using 10.10 or earlier.

Turn off iCal Service

Open those 2 files in TextWrangler

Change the 2 instances of SSLv3_METHOD to TLSv1_METHOD in each file and save.

Turn on iCal Service.

Try to login using Calendar on a 10.11.x machine (I used 10.11.4). It should fail. If it doesn't you are good to go, but you should also verify a machine with 10.10.x

If it fails, turn off iCal Service again.

Change the four instances back from TLSv1_METHOD to SSLv3_METHOD. Please note in the stdconfig.py SSLMethod line there will be 2 instances of TLSv1_METHOD after the hashtag comment since you changed SSLv3_METHOD previously. It doesn't matter that you change the comment actually, but it's good to remember the options you have.

This is the line I am referring to:

"SSLMethod" : "SSLv3_METHOD", # SSLv2_METHOD, SSLv3_METHOD, SSLv23_METHOD, TLSv1_METHOD

in the stdconfig.py file.

Save the files.

Start the iCal service again.

RESTART the server.

It was at this point that I was able to get 10.11.x and earlier clients to login again into their Calendar and iCal accounts. This also worked with iOS 8 and iOS 9 Calendar app logins.

Lion iCal Server and ios9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.