Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paypal payment method.

Hi people, I need help.

I opened a PayPal account and i tried to add it on my iTunes account. I live in Austria but i have selected USA as my country because i don't know why, but not all the apps and books are available when i choose Austria as my country. When i tried to add the PayPal account it showed me this: This recipient requires that you have a valid funding source from United States in order to complete this transaction. I'm not 100% sure but i guess this means that because both my Bank and PayPal accounts are in Austria i need to change the country on iTunes to Austria also. I did change it after that i needed to change billing address but i could not select PayPal or None as payment method. So my question is: Can i add PayPal as a payment method in Austria? And if i can What should i do ?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Nov 4, 2015 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2015 12:26 AM

Whilst you are in Austria you can only use the Austrian store, you have to be in a country to use its store (so you can only use the US store whilst in the US).

As far as I know PayPal is currently only available in the US so you will need to use one of the payment types shown on the payment details screen (Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Clickandbuy). You should be able to select 'none' and remove the card's details after entering it : Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2015 12:26 AM in response to klev1s

Whilst you are in Austria you can only use the Austrian store, you have to be in a country to use its store (so you can only use the US store whilst in the US).

As far as I know PayPal is currently only available in the US so you will need to use one of the payment types shown on the payment details screen (Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Clickandbuy). You should be able to select 'none' and remove the card's details after entering it : Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

Paypal payment method.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.