Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5th gen iCloud problems

Recently my iPod Touch 5th gen (not jailbroken) has had troubles connecting to anything relating to iCloud. I have iTunes Match and Apple Music, but my iPod won't connect to either. It either turns "Show iCloud Music Library" back off or displays the "Loading Library" screen perpetually. At first it was just that, but now I can't access the App Store or iTunes Store. I have tried using iTunes on my PC to restore the firmware (iOS 9.1) multiple times, and even a factory reset, and the problems persist. I have read that iOS devices are incapable of receiving viruses or malware through anything other than App Store apps, but I installed the most recent app about a month ago, and have since deleted it. And because of my problems with the App Store now, I can't even search for anti-malware apps. Is there anyone who understands my problem or can suggest a solution? I do not currently have the money for a new iPod, and the $100 fee to have my current one serviced is too high.

Thank you for your time.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 9.1, 16Gb, not jailbroken

Posted on Nov 4, 2015 6:52 PM

3 replies

Nov 6, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Robo_Wheeler820

Hi Robo_Wheeler820,

I see that your iPod touch is unable to connect to iCloud, iTunes Store, and the App Store. I definitely understand your frustration with this situation, so in order to get this issue resolved I suggest that you follow through the steps below.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you can't connect to the iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Make sure that your date, time, and time zone are correct. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time. Time Zone might list another city in your time zone.
  2. Make sure that your iOS software is up to date. Tap Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates. You can also connect your iOS device to iTunes and click Check for Update on your device's Summary page.
  3. Check and verify that you're in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you're using cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on from Settings > Cellular. If you're connected to cellular data, larger items might not download. You might need to connect to Wi-Fi to download apps, videos, and podcasts.
  4. Make sure that you have an active Internet connection. Check your device's user guide for help with Internet connection.
  5. Check to see if other devices, such as portable computers, are able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and access the Internet.
  6. Reset your Wi-Fi router by turning it off and then on again.

If there's still an issue, learn what to do if your device won't connect to a Wi-Fi network.

If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store

Have a good one.

Nov 6, 2015 10:58 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Thank you for replying, but I have already made sure that my iPod is accessing the internet correctly. I am in range of my WiFi, and I can access anything else internet related such as Safari or social media. Which is why this problem confuses me. My time zone is correct and my iOS is the most recent version. Further exploring my iPod has revealed a few more issues: Links in received emails will not open Safari, but I can still copy the link and paste it in the address bar. I can access the iTunes Store and App Store, but am unable to download anything. I can access Apple Music, but songs fail to play and anything I "Love" or add to my library is instantly undone. As of now (even though I am signed into my iCloud on my device and both iTunes Match and Show iCloud Library are on), the only music appearing in my library is U2's "Songs Of Innocence" (see attached photo), because that album was distributed to everyone's iTunes libraries for free last year. Clicking on songs from Apple Music adds them to Now Playing, but they never load.

I have had issues on this iPod before, and all were solved by a software update upon its release. And as I am running the current iOS and even reinstalling it has not helped, is it possible that it is a problem in iOS 9.1 itself? I am fairly certain an update will fix my issues as before, but as there is no update available yet, I am not sure.

User uploaded file

iPod Touch 5th gen iCloud problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.