Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iphone6 screen go blank at times?

Several times I have had my Iphone6 lock up with a blank screen. I can hear the party on the other end speaking but I can't make anything work on my phone. I have tried holding the off button and the home button at the same time and this has worked at times. But today I could not make that work. After about 15 minutes the screen finally came alive and I was able to continue using it.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2015 8:28 PM

1 reply

Nov 6, 2015 8:23 AM in response to Community User

Greetings tuyhoa67,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPhone screen sometimes turns black as if the iPhone has been turned off and you are unable to get it to respond. To begin troubleshooting this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the steps outlined in the following article.

If you see a solid color screen (black, white, or blue)

1. Plug in your device to a power source. If you see the low-battery screen when you plug in, let your device charge for at least 10 minutes (20 minutes for iPad) before using it.
  2. Force restart your device while it's plugged in.
  3. If this doesn't work, restore your device.
  4. If you still see the issue after you restore, contact Apple Support.

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Why does my iphone6 screen go blank at times?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.