Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail won't refresh until I refresh manually on iPhone 6s plus

Hi All,

I am not sure if anyone else facing this problem.. Mails won't refresh until I manually open mailbox and refresh. I've this problem on iPhone 6s plus.

Regards

Sree

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1, 128GB

Posted on Nov 5, 2015 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2017 6:58 AM

Go to settings. Go to mail. Go to accounts. Go to fetch new data. Scroll all the way down where it says fetch (make sure fetch is turned on) and switch it from manual to every fifteen/thirty/ hourly. That should fix your problem.

3 replies

Nov 6, 2015 12:05 PM in response to sreenath.yr

Hey there sreenath.yr,

I see that you are experiencing an issue with mail fetching on your iPhone. First, I would suggest that you make sure your “Fetch New Data” setting is adjusted too your preference. You can find this in your Settings app, under “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”

Mail settings - iPhone

http://help.apple.com/iphone/9/#/iph5ca4d6a69

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, try the troubleshooting steps found in this article:

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201419

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Nov 8, 2015 2:01 AM in response to braden85

Hi braden85,

Thanks for providing valuable information. I've tried all those options above.. but it's still the same.. Got an update from apple support team that "Gmail and Outlook" doesn't use "push" function for mails so, auto refresh and notifications will not work.. which is strange.

Only way is to manually refresh emails (if using default mail app) otherwise try using "Gmail & Outlook" apps.

I've started using Gmail and Outlook apps.. This works to some extent but not completely.

Regards

Sreenath

Mail won't refresh until I refresh manually on iPhone 6s plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.