Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 2.6 extremely slow on iOS 9+

When using Pages, my iPad has become extremely slow when typing - so slow that it makes impossible to use the app as it is taking up to one second to type only one letter. This happened after upgrading to iOS 9 -currently on iOS 9.1 (13B143)- and updating Pages to the latest version available, 2.6. Pages is now slower when opening and closing documents, even more than before, although it was always an slow app...

I already deactivated all the recommended options to increase performance in iOS 9 as: Reduce Transparency, Reduce Motion, and disabled Background App Refresh and Siri Suggestions. I also reseted my keyboard dictionary.

The problem with the extreme slow performance when typing happens only with Pages, and not with other apps as Notes, Mail or Reminders - even with Numbes or Keynote it is working fine.

My iPad device is an iPad Mini model A1455.

iPad Mini, iOS 9.1, Pages v2.6

Posted on Nov 5, 2015 12:57 AM

1 reply

Nov 6, 2015 1:02 PM in response to Molsan

Hello there, Molsan.

It sounds like you're seeing some slowing in response from the Pages for iOS app, after you upgraded to iOS 9.1. Great job so far in trying to find a solution for it yourself. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps that may help with troubleshooting the app as well:

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

1. Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
  2. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  3. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  4. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.

You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.

{...}

Delete and reinstall the app

1. Tap and hold the app until it jiggles.
  2. Tap the User uploaded file on the app.
    User uploaded file
  3. Press the Home button.
  4. Go to the App Store and download the app again.
  5. Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.

Keep in mind that deleting the app, may remove content from your device, so making sure you have a backup (be that through iCloud or another method) before you delete the Pages is recommended.

Kind Regards.

Pages 2.6 extremely slow on iOS 9+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.