Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my songs will not load, says loading icloud music library

I have the newest version of Itunes and El Capitan. My songs in iTunes will not load, spinning wheel and message loading icloud music library. movies load, tv show load.

I cant see where to turn off icloud for iTunes. I can not find where I asked to have my music in the cloud.

Help

Thanks

Lv

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4), 16g memory

Posted on Nov 4, 2015 11:05 PM

9 replies

Nov 7, 2015 11:13 AM in response to dualmon

EDIT:

On further sniffing around, I discovered that I had an expired iTunes match subscription. In my case, I decided to renew it, and that instantly cleared up the problem.

I think the fundamental problem in my case is that there is no meaningful user feedback if there is a lapsed iTunes Match subscription, and apparently there is no option to opt-out of it if previously subscribed. The only solution I saw was to pay for the subscription again. I don't mind buying it, but it does seem like a permanent lock-in.

Nov 7, 2015 12:21 PM in response to dualmon

I appreciate the advice as I ended up subscribing to iTunes match and all of my songs loaded.... I literally just did this minutes ago!

However my challenge lies with the fact I didn't pay for this service before and my music popped up for years on iTunes... Why now do I have to have to pay for another service to store songs on iTunes when I didn't have to before?

Anybody have an answer?

Nov 8, 2015 4:21 PM in response to leonardfromjamul

I'd like to add that disassociating devices from iCloud also does not work.

So I have to pay for iTunes match to use iTunes now?! There must be a real way to fix this. For anyone else who feels like they shouldn't have to suddenly pay for iTunes to work, I suggest you download iTunes 11.4 from:

https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

Then follow instructions similar to these:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/apple/how-downgrade-itunes-11-itunes-10-mac-os- x-3415032/

When I get to it, I will let you know how it worked out in the case that you want to do the same. Obviously this is quite hack-ish (especially using instructions for 11 downgrade to 10) and shouldn't be the answer. I specifically bought and ripped CDs in MP3 format for a long time in anticipation that one day Apple could just force me to pay for something that I don't want, just to have basic usability.

Nov 8, 2015 4:35 PM in response to leonardfromjamul

The only way that I can play music that I own 100% legally on my hard drive through iTunes is to find it in a playlist. I no longer can scroll through all my music or search for an artist in the program without being roadblocked by the spinning iCloud Music Library. I guess it's time to look for some other music playback software that isn't made by a company driven by greed...

Nov 8, 2015 5:50 PM in response to leonardfromjamul

I was having the same issue and agree it is ridiculous that you have to pay Apple to access your music that you imported from your own CDs. Yet another reason why I am listening to almost all my music through Spotify these days.

One workaround that might help - create a new playlist that includes all the music you've added to iTunes.

1. Create a new Smart Playlist

2. Set the playlist to include all music add between any date before you started using iTunes (I used 1/1/1994 just to be sure) and some date in the future. I used 12/31/2017 to give myself a few years of not having to go manually change the playlist settings.

You can then pull that playlist up from the playlists menu and access all your music.

This should work until Apple finds a new way to screw their users who just want their music on their computers and devices directly, and don't want to pay $30 a year to access their own files.

Hope this helps.

Nov 9, 2015 3:24 PM in response to leonardfromjamul

Thanks for the tip Prentiss94; I was thinking of doing that but, I know it sounds obsessive, but I have spent so much time getting the album artwork sorted out for all my music and I don't want that time to be completely wasted (I know it sounds like I've already wasted my time doing that haha).

I decided to look up alternatives to iTunes and found a couple cool ones that are still being supported (Encoute is not anymore). The one I am currently trying out is doubleTwist(https://www.doubletwist.com/). So far, it reminds me of an older time, when iTunes really kicked butt. It already imported my iTunes library and it looks like it will sync with my devices as well. After I've done some exploring and testing, I think I'll be donating my $25 to doubleTwist to help sustain a company that respects long-lasting design and usability.

Just to help anyone else out, the other one I found that looked cool that I might try out if doubleTwist doesn't pull through is Fidelia(http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/fidelia/). It doesn't have the same old navigation-based interface and is instead more about delivering high fidelity audio but I might give it a try anyways. Good luck breaking free of Apple's grip as their design declines!

my songs will not load, says loading icloud music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.