Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ConfigurationKitUtility.error - 0x2C3 (707)

While trying to download apps to iPad through blueprint I got an error message: An unknown error occurred while communicating with Internet: ConfigurationKitUtility.error - 0x2C3 (707).

Anyone has similar experiences with the error.

As far as I know internet connection is reliable and never down.

Best Regards,

Brando

Posted on Nov 5, 2015 4:39 AM

20 replies

Nov 5, 2015 7:15 AM in response to bravid70

bravid70 - this issue seems to be happening all over the place. I've been working on the same cart of (30) iPads for 4 days now and have gotten that same error (along with numerous others). We're using a MacBook Air to "sync" the iPads, and it's even hardwired to ethernet. Wifi is disabled. We're currently trying to sync just (10) at a time to see if that helps.

So frustrating.

Nov 13, 2015 8:32 AM in response to bravid70

I have this also. Funny thing is just started using AC2 yesterday, set up blueprints and it worked yesterday, today, doesn't work get the An unknown problem occurred while communicating with the Internet. [Configuration Utility Kit.error - 0x2C3 (707)] error. It is frustrating and I search multiple google hits and so many having it and NO solutions that I can see. Apple come on man, this is getting old the troubles we all face using your products. Resigned in to itunes, app store, and configurator, readded the apps, hardwired tried and wireless also. Same outcome. Frustrating it worked yesterday and then today you get that. I am broke through the firewall also so that is not an issue. Just insane.

Nov 14, 2015 2:20 AM in response to bravid70

I'm another one having this issue and I have tried every combination of ways to diagnose the problem.

So far I have tried using a completely different router with only the macbook connected to it via wire, a different macbook as I have a few different sets to configure, swapped from wireless to wired, signed out and back in again in configurator 2, restarted macbook.

I dont think there is anything else that can be tried

Every time I get the same ConfigurationKitUtility.error - 0x2C3 (707) error.

I noticed that installing one app on its own it will be successful about 2/3 of the time but as soon as I go above 4 there is no chance!

I have spoken with Apple Configurator support and so far they haven't confirmed if this is an issue effecting everyone or been able to help be solve my problem.

Please sort this Apple. I have over 100 iPads that should have gone out yesterday.

Nov 16, 2015 5:44 AM in response to d.j.evans

here is what is so frustrating about it. Last Thursday, on wireless it worked, next morning Friday, got the error, plugged in to network direct and shut off wireless and it worked. Today, Monday, wired getting the error again. NOTHING changed, nothing. Like it works one day and then overnight something on the Apple Configurator 2 or Apple side screws up and gives that error. This is a MAJOR issue that Apple needs to get their heads out of their butts and fix NOW!

Nov 23, 2015 6:19 AM in response to whistler162

Has anyone found a solution? We had been using AC1 with no issues and were forced to go to AC2. When I went to IOS9 it told me I needed AC2 (even though apple said otherwise at a seminar I was at). Anyway, we have 72 new iPad Air's. We created a blueprnt 9 of them (are were are breaking them up into groups with different blueprints). I get the same error trying to install the APPS. I am not using an MDM but just plugging them into an iPad cart we have with AC2 on a Macbook pro.

Nov 24, 2015 6:50 AM in response to dahauss

For all you out there,

So this is what I have had to do to get them to kinda work. I kept getting this game stupid error msg while trying to load a bank of 30 iPads with a blueprint all at the same time. What I kept doing is completely exiting out of AC2 then re-trying. On the 2nd try of doing this AC2 finally was able to download the apps I needed from VPP. Hope this helps you guys out.

-Jeff

Nov 30, 2015 6:43 AM in response to Silent1J

Hi all,

I`m having the same issue. Only got 11 Ipads on this install but bigger ones round the corner and this is a joke ! Got 1 Iwork App ( Garageband ) to install from the VPP Store, but as soon as I try and do them all, it gives the afore mentioned error. Does anyone have an support email for the Configurator 2 support @ Apple, or a phone number...

Thanks in advance : )

Steve

ConfigurationKitUtility.error - 0x2C3 (707)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.