Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Windows on my iMac !

hello everybody!!!

I tried to install Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 on my iMac but every time I started the installation process with the bootcamp it stops in the middle of downloading of Apple's software to support Windows and write me: "Can't download the software because of a network problem." I know my internet workes properly. Is there a solution for that or any other way to install the windows in a new partition in my mac?

I have an Windows 10 ISO and Windows 8.1 ISO downloaded from Microsoft site and I'm using iMac 21.5 (late 2013)

Thanks for answering!!!

Ariel Kalman

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), iMac 2013 (late 2013)

Posted on Nov 5, 2015 9:51 AM

47 replies

Nov 5, 2015 10:42 AM in response to arielkalman5799

arielkalman5799 wrote:

Maybe there is a way to install windows without bootcamp or without download the Apple support software from the bootcamp??

On your iMac late 2013 model, you can directly install Windows using EFI Boot and a partition created by Disk Utility and formatted as Free Space. You will first need to remove the existing BC Assistant-created partition using BC Assistant only.

Nov 5, 2015 11:07 AM in response to arielkalman5799

Can you post the output of the following OSX Terminal commands?

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk1

sudo fdisk /dev/disk1

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

Can't install Windows on my iMac !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.