Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I sign in to Support communities on my MAc Book Pro, I get a message "We'll be back. We are updating support communities" and will not let me go further. How do I get around this?

When I try to sign in to Support Communities from my MacBook Pro, I get a message that "We'll be back, We are updating support communities.......". I cannot get past this. I am sending this message from a PC. This has been happening for the last week. How do I resolve this?

Posted on Nov 5, 2015 9:51 AM

9 replies

Feb 8, 2016 11:15 AM in response to Poodle Bites

The Apple ID that did not work was an old one, the account name wasn't an email address, just a name like "Joe Doe". I went to https://appleid.apple.com/ and the first thing it asked me was to provide an email address as an account name. Then I had to verify my email address and I was done.

Now both Apple Discussions and Apple Developer work again. Maybe it was just the verification, not the addition of the email address.

When I sign in to Support communities on my MAc Book Pro, I get a message "We'll be back. We are updating support communities" and will not let me go further. How do I get around this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.