Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I followed an apple discussions's post's soundflower removal instructions but it didn't work

Re: Soundflower

i followed the instructions in the post linked above. nothing came up after entering the first step's script (where it says 'If you are having difficulty removing Soundflower, open up a terminal and type:') into terminal, which according to the post meant it was not on my system, and that if soundflower was still showing in sytsemprefs>sound, a restart is all that would be needed, however i restarted and it didn't fix it.

i need to get this thing off my computer, it stops the system sound from changing between headphones and system speakers automatically when removing and plugging in headphones.

EDIT: i don't know how this ended up in logic studio forum, this was meant for os x el capitain, if a mod could move it there or to a more relevant forum i'd appreciate it

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Nov 5, 2015 10:28 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 11:54 AM in response to milkyjoe2

Use the following: /System/Library/Extensions/SoundflowerSigned.kext ;

Apparently they changed the file title from; 'System/Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext'

to the title of ‘/System/Library/Extensions/SoundflowerSigned.kext’ ,

because the code file needed to be signed in El Capitan.

This worked on El Capitan 10.11.3 for me.......

I followed an apple discussions's post's soundflower removal instructions but it didn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.