Related Article: Use your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote with Apple TV

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV output volume control with AirPlay speakers

Does anybody know if it is possible to control output volume on an AppleTv 4th gen when connected to AirPlay speakers?

Thanx!

Apple TV, 4th Gen

Posted on Nov 5, 2015 12:38 PM

4 replies

Nov 8, 2015 5:11 AM in response to Briansyddall

Thanks Briansyddall... unfortunately not what I was asking about.

I am asking about volume control with the following setup:

Apple TV 4th generation connected to AirPlay speakers via wi-fi. In previous iterations (ATV2 and ATV3) the only way to reach the volume control us such setup was going to the Language-Subtitles-Audio menu while playing and under the 'Audio`tab selecting the speakers and controlling the volume... too cumbersome really... I just wanted to know if Apple solved that issue.

Anyone having an ATV 4th gen and AirPlay speakers that could check for me please?

Thnx!

Dec 3, 2015 12:08 AM in response to PotxotxoBilbao

I'm having exactly this issue: Apple TV 4 + separate speakers connected via AirPlay and WiFi.

1. Using the plus/minus buttons on the remote has no effect.
  2. The only way I found to adjust the volume via Apple TV is through the settings menu.

This is my first Apple TV and I thought it was some kind of early bug with the new generation. But hearing that this issue has already been present in earlier generations is embarrassing.

AppleTV output volume control with AirPlay speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.