Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't manually manage music itunes 12.3.1.23

I have iTunes 12.3.1.23, an iPhone 4S running ios 9.1 and I can't drag and drop songs from my iTunes library to it any more.

iCloud library is off. Apple music is off. Manually manage music is on. I have done a restore and it still won't do it.

any ideas?

itunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 5, 2015 2:52 PM

7 replies

Nov 16, 2015 11:18 AM in response to Mandy Willett

I am also having issues manually managing music in iTunes v 12.3.1.23 on Yosemite 10.10.5 on 15" MBP Retina 2.6GHZ i7 with iPhone 6 Plus running IOS 9.1. I've created playlists in iTunes and I drag them to the phone. In iTunes it says they are on the phone, but when I look at the phone there are songs missing. This is very displeasing. Plus songs would not be available offline, etc. I specifically purchased music on iTunes so this wouldn't be an issue. This used to be simple drag and drop.

May 17, 2016 12:55 PM in response to the.voice

"Brutal"? You are either managing media yourself or you are letting somebody else (iTunes) do it, you can't both be doing it. So you have one bunch of tracks in a playlist in iCloud and another in the playlist on your computer. To which is the iPhone supposed to sync? Let's say you also have another device. Is that device supposed to sync to the iCloud playlist, the computer's version of that playlist, to you other iOS device's version? Until you try to manage things that way you haven't seen brutal yet.

Can't manually manage music itunes 12.3.1.23

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.