Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make emoji larger?

The emoji icons are too small on my iPhone, iPad and iMac. How do I go about sending a big smiley to my chat friends?

Thank you.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 5, 2015 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2016 5:52 PM

I just figured it out

Just put the text keyboard on CAPS LOCK and switch to emoji screen and they are now all larger

11 replies

Nov 7, 2016 7:19 PM in response to polishedstaple

Hi,

You can follow the article : How to type accents, emoji, and symbols on your Mac - Apple Support

When you find the character you want, click it to insert it into your text.

Characters and symbols you use often appear in the Frequently Used list in this window.

In the Messages app, you can also see the Character Viewer pop-up when you click User uploaded file. With macOS Sierra, emoji you send in Messages appear at the same size as the text they're part of. If you just send a few emoji without any other text, the emoji appear three times larger.

Nov 8, 2015 11:29 AM in response to polishedstaple

Hi,

I happened to be in Messages.

The spot I am pointing to in the pic used to be called Special Characters and is accessible in many apps.

In the Messages > Preferences > General section there is a slider for Font size.

It will increase all the text in the messages as well.

There is no longer a Format Menu where you could change individual Characters in Size, Font or colour.

I am not sure the Messages app sends the text as large as you may view at your end.

In iChat and early versions of Messages it did.

If the Smilie/Emoji is the only thing you want to be bigger then editing it outside the app is the way to go.

User uploaded file

7:28 pm Sunday; November 8, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

How to make emoji larger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.