Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s home button makes an annoying click noise

OMG what a terrible annoying sound when I click the homebutton on my new iPhone 6s something my 4s never did.

It's like on plastic that I click.

Is this normal?

Can something be done about it?

Posted on Nov 6, 2015 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2015 2:24 AM

Your 4s did not have touch id so the button is different, in time you will get used to it, its pretty normal, lots of people noticed this when the 5s came out. Just be glad your phone works fine and don't fret over a button 'click'

4 replies

Nov 6, 2015 2:21 AM in response to killhippie

Thank you for the info.

- just one reply on your saying : 'just be glad your phone works fine'

When costumers pay 900$ for a phone they may expect it to work fine!

especially if it's an Apple, if they stand for high price / high quality than they better deliver! ;-)

Apple fan's already experience enough software trouble... if the hardware starts failing now then Steve will turn in his grave.

Nov 26, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Speedy61G

I had the same exact problem then I found this youtube video.. I thought the guy was nuts but I tried it anyway and it's been over a week and my home button still works like new.. Here is what he did.. 1. take a alcohol swab and clean the button really good ( I pressed the button down while I did this. ) 2. although I did this I'm not sure it it's necessary.. If you have a protective case on your phone turn it upside down and tap in on a counter for 20 seconds 3. turn it back over use the swab one more time then with a soft cloth dry it off.. Your home button should now be working like new. Like I said it worked for me.

iPhone 6s home button makes an annoying click noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.