Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks Author photo disappeared on preview

Good day,

I’ve been working of a project on iBooks Author, I created a table with the left column for text and pasted a photo to the right.

When I previewed the page, the photos were not shown, rather there was an X over the box with a question mark (as shown in the picture below)

Can you please help to figure out what’s wrong?

Much thanks

User uploaded file

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 6, 2015 4:00 AM

5 replies

Nov 18, 2015 9:20 AM in response to no0ora31

thanks much for sharing the solution. you are a class act. i wish more people who ask questions but don't receive a resolution from this site would post how they resolved the problem, even if they gave up.

i spent a short amount of time seeing if there was a documented statement as to what can be put in a cell. didn't find it in ibooks doc. i looked at keynote doc which had a list which i hope means that it would be an exhaustive list. i also hope it would be standardized across all products from apple. perhaps if i looked longer i could have found something more definitive. someone working a lot with table cells might have known this.

still, i think there is a sound argument that there is a bug here that should be fixed. if they will not be exported into the final book, they should not be dragged/dropped-able into a cell. perhaps there is a good reason why such an edit check is not performed.

iBooks Author photo disappeared on preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.